This page will be a growing repository of assessment tools for interested parties. Unless otherwise noted, I have authored these materials myself. I am sharing them under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike license.
- Exam blueprint
- This Excel spreadsheet has been created to help analyze and improve course assessment content validity. Using this analytic matrix, you can examine the point distribution in your assessment with regard to course learning outcomes and cognitive abilities.
- Pre-test / Post-test Analysis
- This Excel spreadsheet has been created to help analyze and summarize the finds of pre- and post-test assessments of student learning. It will automatically generate a one-page assessment report that can be saved as a PDF document for submission to TracDat.
- MCQ Random Key Generator (4-item)
- This Excel spreadsheet has been created to quickly create random keys for four-item multiple-choice assignment with up to 1,000 items.
- Analytic Rubric Scoring Sheet
- This Excel spreadsheet has been created to quickly record student scores from an analytic rubric. It also generates reports of class outcomes based upon performance criteria.